6 Mar 2012

Eyes To Kill by Giorgio Armani

I finally decided to write a post about products from beauty brand I adore so much - Giorgio Armani Beauty. I have tried or bought (when you try, you buy :-) ) some of the products and I can say only this - I am always so excited - about unique colours, consistence, quality, magnetic packaging (but not about the price:-))) ) 
Today I want to present you two shades from the wonderful Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill intense eyeshadow collection. I love the small elegant glass jar, but what I am really crazy about is the consistency. The whole Eyes To Kill collection is based on innovative hybrid texture, which is not a  powder, nor a cream. I would say it is more in some way like a moss (but directly after rain - sorry but I really don't know other way to describe it). The pigmentation is superb and you have two pigments in one shadow - to create multidimensional effect (it really works!). I never experienced eyeshadow to be so crease proof, water proof or sweat proof (trust me, I go often to gym and always wear my make-up and with these eyeshadows I look awesome even though I work out hard and sweat). This formula was the first of such kind. I also bought Chanel Illusion D'Ombre - but I just don't like it. Maybe experience with Eyes To Kill collection caused this dislike, but these two, even when they look similar, are completely different. I love Chanel's colours but the the texture doesn't work for me, it feels like the eyeshadows are running away from my brushes (synthetic or not) and the colour is hard to blend or create more intensity levels. On the other hand Armani can be applied with any kind of brush, and you can blend and work with the colour as much as you want. I have to warn you that the darker colours are really intense, so be patient and layer small amount over each other, because when adding too much colour (and trust me, this can happen by just tapping a small amount colour in your brush) you can overdo your look. I checked Armani's official webpage and Eyes To Kill intense eyeshadow collection consist now from approx. 16 colours in tones from warm pink, gold-blue, gold-purple to almost black-red. Go and check out these amazing colours. I have seen them all and had to resist so much to buy only two :)




Lust Red


This dark colour with red glitters is one of my favourites for creating smokey eyes. You can get really natural and light (if this is the right word in combination with smokey eyes) smokey eyes effect but still visible. Or you can go for really deep intensity, but still nothing will look too much or cheap with this colour. The more you add, the more the colour changes and the red parts become distinct.


Sweet Fire

I prefer Sweet Fire for make up during day. This colour over the whole eyelid, intense black lashes (I can recommend Eyes To Kill mascara by Armani) and some nice eye chatching lipstick and you are ready to go. I love the lightness, but also the pigmentation you can get with this colour. Sweet Fire is 100% match for a sunny summer day - the colour sparkles in sunlight and gives you youthful fresh look.



It is really hard to take a good picture, where all the effects are visible, so here are a few I made for you.

Artificial light

Day light

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight


I love this collection for the ability to last long (I would say forever), wonderful unique colours, strong pigmentation and intensity. The best thing is - just with tiny amount you create fabulous look. I guess the jars are bottomless:) I am using (regularly) both of them for more than 5 months and as you can see they are like new (except the rose one - an accident happened and my jar fell on the floor :( and the content was damaged).


I hope you will purchase one of these miracle eyeshadows, you will love it!


Zu


4 comments:

  1. Great review! I must look at them at sephora!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! You will love them, trust me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice colors! I like neutral:)

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those colours are amazing :) I love both, cant decide which one more :) Thanks for your visit!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...