29 Jan 2012

Disappointing Products of 2011 - Part 2

For part 1 click here.

Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer


During the last summer I felt like I want another tinted moisturizer beside the one by Clinique (which is amazing BTW). I always wanted something by Clarins, so I browsed the net and bought this online. It was summer, I was tanned a bit, but still chose the lightest shade. This arrived. I usually have problem with foundations being too yellow, and if there's anything I dislike more than yellow (also as colour) it is orange! I seriously don't want to look like I was eating Spaghetti Bolognese with all my face, thank you very much. Even when blended properly, I was still orange. Also, it has only SPF 6, it seems not enough to me for a tinted moisturizer, which is used mostly during summer. And the sunscreen smell doesn't appeal to me that much either. Only pro I can see is the fact that it is indeed hydrating.


Bourjois Volumizer Mascara


Step 1
I don't get the hype around this mascara at all! The first step does practically nothing and the second step put loads and loads of the product on your lashes, so the outcome is very sticky and unattractive mess. And don't get me wrong, I love dramatic eye-looks with more mascara that is necessary, but this is too much even for me. At least it wasn't that expensive. And I know there are many fans, but it just doesn't work for me.
Step 2

Benefit Stay Don't Stray

One word. Yuck! This is a 2-in-1 product, it is an eye-primer and under-eye concealer. I don't mind it as concealer, but I dislike it as primer. It doesn't work. At all. My eye-shadows crease with it within two hours! And the consistency is awful, also, after a couple of months it turned into watery yuckiness! Maybe it was just a bad batch, but still, it is not a good primer.

 MAC Matchmaster

I can't say I hate it, but I don't understand why they gave me 1.5 shade at the MAC counter when obviously 1.0 would be a better choice. Oh well, it looked good when the make-up artist put it on me, under those lights! I kind of liked it for some time, but slowly I started to be disappointed and was less and less tolerant towards the paint smell. And even though this should be neutral, it is quite yellow!







YSL Pure Chromatics Wet and Dry Eyeshadows








Again, I can't say I don't like these eye-shadows, only I wouldn't buy them now. They are quite nice. Beautiful colours, green and purple are both nicely pigmented, golden and pink not that much. However, they tend to crease on me a little bit and the staying power isn't that great either. All in all I'm kind of indifferent towards this product, and it was a mistake to purchase it. A very expensive mistake.







Hope this was helpful,

Petra

5 comments:

  1. Jee,tak zrovna ta YSL paletka se mi moc libi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ona je pekna, jen mi vazne prijde, ze ty barvy tolik nevydrzi a tak mi tu akorat lezi :/
      Zrovna jsem u tebe koukala na novej a england, nadhernej! :)

      Delete
  2. a ja tu paletku mam taky :-) a me se zase libi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nechces dalsi? :) Mno jo, ja zase rada ty Chanel stiny :)

      Delete
  3. no uz me napadlo, za bychom si to mohly treba nekdy prohodit, ale ty YSL asi hned tak nedopotrebuju :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...