3 Dec 2011

Natural Deodorants


Antiperspirants should prevent you from sweating. Deodorants don't do this, but they are supposed to turn the stinky sweat into a non-stinky sweat.




It was seven years ago when I found out my Lady Speed Stick Gel Antiperspirant destroyed my cotton t-shirt. It bleached its colour. Since that time I had never been really content, because on one hand I wanted something that would really work and prevent any unpleasant smell, on the other hand I thought a deodorant would be a better, safer choice. But I never thought these two requierements could meet in one product.
So I tried a lot of different antiperspirants with creamy consistency, because it seemed better and less dangerous that gels. Then I settled for Radox Roll-On Antiperspirant for a couple of years. It was gentle and smelled nice. It worked quite well, but sometimes after a stressful day outside I came home in the evening, I felt like the antiperspirant wasn't that great. No, it wasn't something horrible, I didn't stink, but it just wasn't that good, and I sweat anyway. Last year after yet another stressful day I decided to look around and try some natural deodorants. Here are three of them and my experience with them. All of them are liquid roll-on deodorants.

Biologika Live It Up Deodorant







 Sadly, this deodorant isn't the one for me. After applying it, it itched and it hurt, so I had to rinse it off. I tried it once again, and nothing changed.  Because of that I can't even tell you how much it does its job. I'm really sad about this one, because its ingredients are amazing! It might just be my sensitive skin, and it can work for other people, not for me though.



Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Deodorant









Not a bad deodorant, works quite well (not perfect though), but after a month of using it made my skin dry and a bit flaky :/



Crystal Essence



This is a miracle! It's very gentle to my skin, and it works so well! I've been using this from early spring till today, and it didn't let me down at all.  
There are two types, Chamomile & Green Tea and Lavender & White Tea. The smell is light and fresh, not overwhelming at all. There used to be Pomegranate one, which I liked as well, but it was discontinued. You can also get them as sprays.
I love this deodorant and highly recommend it!




I hope this was helpful!

Petra xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...