11 Dec 2011

MAC Lustre Lipstick

After hearing so much rumour about this brand - we were finally introduced and I was impressed. All was true - rich, amazing, pigmented colours, stylish packaging and good quality for quite affordable price. That day I fell in love with M A C. 
The lipstick I bought is in shade LADY BUG with lustre finish. I love the compact elegant packaging that will fit in every handbag.


I have to say, I was always afraid of red lipsticks. But this shade with warm undertone and fresh lusture finish is a colour I would recommend to start with. The texture is light, you can work with this lipstick really easily. I usually use my Sigma brush for layering or when I feel like I have lot of time and want the perfect look. But there is no need to be afraid of direct applying - the colour will nicely contour your lips and even when you make a mistake, it is easy to correct. I usually get more striking colour shade when applying directly. On pictures below you can see how the colour looks and changes its finish in artificial light and direct sun light. 


Maybe the lusture finish is too much for you, according to this picture. But absolutely the opposite is true - the colour looks perfectly natural and fresh. Big bonus I see in fact, that you don't feel it on your lips (not even slightly), it doesn't dry out your lips and also lip peeling before using is not necessary, because the lipstick will emphasize the natural and juicy look of your lips but will not point out imperfections. I always apply one layer of MAC Prep + Prime Lip, leave it dry and then start to layer the lipstick. It works perfectly together. 

If you are looking for some lipstick that will encourage you to wear more striking lipsticks - MAC Lustre Lipstick in shade LADY BUG, is the ONE for you.

xx

Zu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...