9 Oct 2011

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

When I heard that Clinique is launching a new product - Bottom Lash Mascara - I was so excited! Finally somebody is thinking about people, who weren't gifted with naturally thick (bottom) lashes. It is everyday fight for me to create distinct bottom lashes without black smudges from mascara under my eyes.


As it is visible on the picture below the brush is noticeably smaller than on normal mascaras and so is also the packaging. It got my Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara from Garden Pharmacy for 10 £ (direct link here) service was perfect, delivery fast. I am a regular returning customer.


This mascara is available in two colours - black and black/brown. I personally prefer black mascaras, so I have the black one. The colour is really rich and dark - no shades of grey. The application was in the beginning a bit tricky but as soon as you learn how to work with the micro-mini brush you will achieve an interesting outcome. I always struggle to work with new mascaras without smudges under eyes (maybe because of so much mascara in the tube, I don't know) so I had to wipe the brush a bit from the superfluous mascara, and then it worked perfectly with no make up disruption. 
Those who expect a miracle to happen, there is none :-) From the beginning I myself was a bit disappointed/annoyed from the results after applying. But one day when I was passing by a mirror I had to stop and said out laud "wow what a nice bottom lashes" - and from that day I am finally happy I invested in Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. It delicately defines your bottom lashes at the very corner of the eye. Each of the lashes is separated and there are no lumps nor glued lashes. 
The effect and richness of the black colour last pretty long on its place. I again did quality test (hour or more sweating at gym, shower afterwards without renewing the look till the evening) and my lashes looked perfectly, the colour was sitting in the place. I am more than happy with the enhancing of my bottom lashes. I however tried the mascara on my upper lashes and I will stick with my other mascaras and even in the very corner of the eye the result was not much different or noticeably different than by using a regular mascara. But one day I took with me only Clinique Bottom Lashes Mascara and was forced to used it all over the eyes - it was a bit adrenaline experience with high focus, but I did it - the result was OK with finely looking lashes but with not much definition. I will stick with it for its original purpose. 

Don't expect miracles from this product and you will be perfectly happy with it :) 

Your happy Zu with nicely defined bottom lashes! 






2 comments:

  1. Tak ale ten stetecek opravdu vypada vtipne :) na dolni rasy bych si ho dokazala predstavit, ale na horni asi ne, na to jsou nejlepsi velke kartace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no ja sem z neho cela zdivocela :) jednou to maluju shora, podruhe smudlam opacne :-) ale ty rasy podtrhne pekne. i kdyz pro nekoho s tvyma rasama bohatyma - zbytecnost :) ale zase do sbirky kosmetiky je to must-have :)))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...